Health and Beauty
The Full Moon is in Virgo, it is called a Full Snow Moon as usually this is the moon when the snow in the deepest.
It was also called the Hunger Moon by American Indians as it was a time when the hunting was the most difficult. The Cherokee called it Bone Moon as they found it was a time when the menu was chewing on bones or drinking bone marrow broth.
Who knew in 2016 with the Paleo diet, it would be the rage!!
The old song “dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones” actually got it wrong. They are quite moist and tasty and make an extremely tasty broth! Below is a simple recipe from Wellness Mama that may make you day a little warmer.
Bone Broth Ingredients
- 2 pounds (or more) of bones from a healthy source
- 2 chicken feet for extra gelatin (optional)
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Optional: 1 bunch of parsley, 1 tablespoon or more of sea salt, 1 teaspoon peppercorns, additional herbs or spices to taste. I also add 2 cloves of garlic for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
You’ll also need a large stock pot to cook the broth in and a strainer to remove the pieces when it is done.
Enjoy the Full Snow Moon!!!
Many years ago, a friend of mine made me a little box. When she brought it to me, she told me it was a God Box. That it would give me the strength to get through any problems.
Thinking yeah, right! Need a much bigger box than this God Box!!!
However, being of good faith, I place it on my desk and sure enough –through the years my God Box has helped me through many situations.
I moved a year or so ago and packed it away, and while I love my new home found I began to worry about little things. Recently I came across the miraculous little box , dug it out and again placed it in plain site. And voila!! A sense of peace came over me.
This is how the God Box works,
On a piece of paper (or just mentally) write down briefly what is bothering you or if manifesting an image of what life you want.
And place it in the box–believe, dream, let go and place it in the hands of God.
Now for the box itself!!!!
Anyone can make a God box, it can be simple or elaborate. It can be a mason jar or a plastic container. The main thing is the inscription. Type it out and put it on or in the box, Read it when you add your note!!!
I am God…..today I will be handling all your problems.
Please remember that I do NOT need your help.
If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it.
Kindly put it in the SFGTD box (something for God to do).
All situations will be resolved in MY time, not yours.
Once it has been put in the box , do not hold onto it, do not worry about it……..instead focus on all the wonderful things
present in your life!!! And there are always wonderful things if you look hard enough!
Have a great day!
Nothing was ever solved by worry!! or holding on to outdated things!!
Have a great day! It’s being handled
Today is the first day after the full moon. It puts us in a release cycle of the moon phase and is a great time for some letting go, in the case purifying the emotions.
We all get bogged down with old “junk” and it is very clearing to purify those emotions and let go of all anger, hurt, resentments and such.
It is like hitting delete on your computer.
We live in a constant state of angst these days and it is a necessary part of life to purify emotions to open ourselves up to the bright new possibilities of the future.
As this was a Super Moon and brings the promise of change for the better, why not take a few minutes to clear out all the past?
Below is a simple excercise to Purify the emotions!
Sometime we just need to clear out all the old emotions and make room for new! Today is the first day of the release cycle after the Super Full Moon. It is an excellent time to release the old and make room for the new!!!
May be done any evening during the waning moon (release)
A white candle
A bowl of water
A small bowl of salt
Dried sage in something you can burn it in
I use these elements to cleanse any toxins that may
Cloud my ability to flow
I release negativity to fire
(wave your hand through the flame of the candle)
I release blockages in my earth
(rub salt on hands)
I clear my own air
(wave the smoking sage in front of you)
and I purify my water
(dip your hands in water)
I ask that the release be gentle
I affirm my trust and faith in my own abundant flow
So be it
And so it is
Dispose of ingredients immediately
This candle may be used again for THIS spell only
Lay your hand on each of the Chakras beginning at the Root chakra and the sacral chakra
at each point, slowly -breath in to the count of 8 and exhale to the count of 8
continue this with each chakra until you reach and complete the crown chakra
Balanced for the day!!!
– See more at: http://blog.lifereader.com/articles/2014/03/balancing-your-chakra.html#sthash.F3Sgna5H.dpuf
Old Fashioned safe Cleaner: Vinegar
I remember when I would go to my Grannys house at cleaning time, which was most of the time!! And everything smelled “clean”.
Not covered up with floral and ocean breeze, just clean.
Here is a sample of one of those good old cleaners!
- Fill a spray bottle with 1 part white vinegar and 1 part water for an all-purpose kitchen cleaner great for counters and floors.
- Prevent oven buildup and shower mildew by wiping down surfaces with a cloth and vinegar.
- Add 1/2 cup to the rinse cycle of your wash for a natural fabric softener.
- Use pure vinegar to get rid of rings in your toilet bowl.
- Mix 1 part vinegar with 4 parts water in a spray bottle for the perfect window cleaner.
- Use vinegar with a higher concentration of acetic acid for a pesticide-free weed killer. (Most household vinegar is 5% acetic acid, so look for 10% or higher at the hardware store.)
- and did you know, it can clean you inside also!! T’was said 1/4 cup of cider vinegar in a quart of water sipped daily was better than snake oil .
- from the daily well